Saturday, March 8, 2008

Week 4 : RSS

Mmmm. I enjoyed this one... however I did research further using Google to make sure I was well informed. Two web site that I liked and thought the information was easy to understand were software garden and news. This site had a list of RSS feeds that were Australian and easy to subscribe to.

I think it is good that you can keep up-to-date with your favourite sites and latest information or news. Although I'm not sure how much I would use it or if I would have the time, I may be more inclined to use my bookmarks, at least it is one lest thing that I need to log into and remember login or passwords to.
I have subscribed to RSS feeds that I'm interested in and will keep an eye on them in the next few days, helping to decide whether or on rss is for me or not. I tried both ways of subscribing to RSS, by clicking on the little orange icon or by copying and pasting the URL of the site I was interested in into my bloglines feed, both ways I found easy.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I agree RSS feeds can take a little time however I think they are probably the most efficient mechanism for keeping up to date and the only less time consuming alternative is to not keep up to date.

Leanne